Thursday, August 20, 2009

Up, down, and all around

Why don't people list their high school(s) on Facebook? Seriously?! I've been trying to find my childhood BFF for about 6 years now, and it's making me crazy. I did get lucky in one respect though - I managed to find her brother (who listed his high school, thank you very much). So, I send him a little note, asking about her, if she's on FB and if he could connect us. About 4 gut wrenching days later, in which I've convinced myself his reply will be "I'm sorry but she passed away" (haha), I get a reply. "She's on FB, here's her email." OMG!! YAY! I click over to the 'find friends' deal, and pop in her email addy - no go. Not listed on FB. I dash back over to the message from her bro and shoot back "are you sure you spelled it right?" He comes back with "yes, and here is her other email that she has listed." YES!! I go back to the other page, pop in THAT addy and click. Nope. My shoulders slump, my brow creases and I sit here chewing on my lower lip, trying both addresses over and over. I go to Myspace, and try - nothin.

Come ON! You gotta be kiddin me. There are two people on FB that come up when look up her name - one has a pic. Red hair,glasses, smiling, baby with her. Yeah, I think, it 'could' be her. Last time I saw her she was blond, with braces, but that was 14 years ago. I have a terrible memory, granted, but still.

So now I'm sitting here waiting for her brother to get back to me. I can't focus on anything else. I've been going back and forth with my sister on instant messaging, chatting about the "maybe I'm pregnant, maybe it's pms" topic. As I type this, I've checked FB about fourteen bajillion times, hoping to see the little 1 in a blue circle by the inbox button - and growl everytime it's not there. *growl, sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging the crazy of my life, via blogger, tumblr and facebook. Enjoy. Make sure to leave your name with all comments, so I know who you are.

You might also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails