Friday, August 28, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I love my home... not 'just' my home, but my house. It's not massive or brand new or custom. It doesn't have a bay window, or a garden tub in the 'master bath'.  You know what it has? Way more than any of that...

We've completely re-painted the living room, dining room, Josh's room, and the guestroom. We've torn out all the carpet in the entryway and had pergo flooring put in - AND a brand new 'princess' style glass door. We've re-painted the bathroom cabinets and trim. We've painted and faux'd the fireplace. New doors on all the rooms and closets, with new doorknobs and hardware to match. We've poured our hearts and souls into this house, and you know what? It's better than any new house. Why? Because my family lives here. We've made memories here that will never be forgotten. I'm damn proud of this place, and when I look around the rooms .. I know I am blessed.

I am blessed to have such a kind, loving, understanding husband. I'm blessed to have a bright, happy, healthy son. I am blessed to be breathing, to have laughter in my life, to have my family, my friends, and my life. I am blessed to have the church I go to , that is teaching me to be in right relationship with my God. I am blessed to have this house... and everything that goes along with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging the crazy of my life, via blogger, tumblr and facebook. Enjoy. Make sure to leave your name with all comments, so I know who you are.

You might also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails