Friday, May 29, 2009

My son

Joshua. He's the light in my life, the only thing that has held me together since the very first moment I saw him. That was 3 and 1/2 years ago. He was big for a newborn, but tiny in my arms. I'll never forget the bruises on his face from his journey to this world. His pain was mine, and I cried along with him in those first few moments. Now, as I watch him putting a puzzle together I am reminded of his first day. The look of fierce determination on his face now, is the exact same look I saw as he tried to 'latch on' for the first time. God how I love this child. My favorite picture from that very first day...



His foot was the exact length of my fore finger on my left hand. I'll never forget that. Now it's as long as my entire hand. I can hardly believe he'll be 4 this year, yet sometimes he looks at me and I feel like I've known him all of my life. There is an understanding there, an insight that he has... he knows me. Unconditional love. That is what I have for him - but more... that is what we share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging the crazy of my life, via blogger, tumblr and facebook. Enjoy. Make sure to leave your name with all comments, so I know who you are.

You might also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails